Revision tips to help you battle the exam blues!

Monday 8 April 2013

Hello everyone! The summer exams are only two months away and i for one am dreading it! The exam period is always a stressful and worrying time, but i have a few tips that may help you through it.




  1. Start revising early
It may seem pretty obvious but i know so many people who leave it till the night before to try and cram everything into their brain. I've done it myself in the past and it's done nothing to help me. I've been revising for my up and coming exams since february! Most of you are probably thinking "Two months is ages away, we've got plenty of time." Judging by how fast this year is going by already, those exams are soon going to creep up on you without warning. It's better to be safe than sorry.



2. Motivate yourself

I know the thought of revising sounds so tedious and boring, i used to procrastinate for hours just avoid looking through my class notes. But no one is stopping you from succeeding but yourself. You just need a good kick up the backside to get you on track. Make revision time fun, which brings me on to my next point.


3. Make it an environment suitable for you

Firstly i'd recommend removing all distractions such as your lap top or phone. Get yourself some snacks to help you through the revision and to give you energy. I'd recommend studying somewhere that's quiet like your room to get away from anyone who could distract you.

4. Find a revision technique suited to your learning style

This is a very important point because you need to revise in a way that will be productive for you and will help you retain more information effectively. I personally like to put my earphones in and listen to music while i condense all my class work on to index cards by writing down the most important information needed to get the higher grades. I enjoy associating songs or artists with a particular subject i'm revising. I find this method has had the best results for me. You could also make mind maps, posters or even just read through your notes. I know a girl who writes her own questions to quiz herself on her knowledge and understanding of her chosen subjects. At the end of the day you have to revise in a way that's best for you.

5. Don't over revise

Don't push yourself to hard to the point where you no longer take in any information, it's not healthy and it's definately not productive. When i get a headache during revision, i know that's a sign for me to stop. I also revise in intervals; half and hour of revision, then i take a fifteen minute break. Once you've reached your limit stop and come back to it the next day when you're feeling refreshed.


Finally i'd like to wish you all the best of luck with your exams. No matter what happens just try your best and never give up!

Thankyou for stopping by!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png