George Get Set! Mineral Setting Powder Review

Sunday 28 June 2015

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well. Before I get into the post I want to let you know that I've set up a JustGiving page because I'm raising money by taking part in The Color Run for Crohn's and Colitis UK. It is a charity that is very close to my heart because I have two family members who suffer from IBD and thousands more people go undiagnosed. If you could take a moment to donate that would be amazing! If you can't donate please share my page (Link Here ) to those who can. 

On to the review, I actually purchased this product yesterday after going to see the Minions film, which was so cute by the way! Highly recommend going to see it, it will put a smile on your face. I'd forgotten my face powder and it was red hot, so as you can imagine I was a sweaty, oily mess. I stopped off at Asda because I knew it sold cosmetics and being the only shop open at the time I didn't really have a choice. 
The cosmetics on offer were either Rimmel, Maybelline or George (Asda's own brand). I don't like the Stay Matte powder from Rimmel and they didn't have any light enough for me in the Maybelline section. Then I noticed the translucent setting powder by George. I've never tried any cosmetics by Asda before so I was a bit sceptical but for £2.50 I thought I'd chance it.






The packaging is pretty standard but for £2.50 i wasn't expecting gold plating. The fact that it can be refilled makes me nervous that it will shatter easily. Just one poke in the hole in the back and it's all over (that sounds so wrong when read out of context, get your minds out of the gutter). Trust me, it has a hole where you can change the refills over. 
Moving swiftly on before I make any more shameful remarks. The shade is translucent so it won't interfere with colour of your foundation and you won't have to worry about potentially looking like a wotsit! 
The powder itself is finely milled but slightly powdery so you do get a bit of cloud when applying it. I like to apply a thin layer all over then add another thin layer over my T-zone where I get the most oily. It doesn't feel powdery or chalky but you can tell it has set everything in place. It doesn't cling like crazy to dry patches either,for you dry skin people this may be a good one to look in to.
This doesn't last as long as my trusty Collection pressed powder. This product lasted a few hours and my nose was shining like a beacon! If you have normal skin this will probably be fine but for me and my oily skin it's not hardcore enough. I think I'm going to reserve it as a winter powder when my skin is a bit drier.

If you're in the market for a cheap setting powder, pop down to your local Asda. 

Please check out my JustGiving page.
See you back soon for the next post.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png