Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Review

Saturday 11 May 2013

Hello everyone! Long time no speak, i know it's been a while and i did say i was taking a break from blogging. But i miss writing posts for you all, so I've got a quick, cheeky review for you. 
I don't know about you but on those days wear you don't want to wear much makeup but you still want a bit of coverage i always reach for a BB cream, especially Asian BB creams. Now i'm not bashing western BB creams because there are some good ones out there but i personally prefer Asian ones. My favourite one is the Baviphat BB cream, but i thought i'd branch out and try something new so i ordered myself one from Holika Holika because i'd heard pretty good things about it. 



I was instantly drawn in by the pale turquoise packaging, it's simple and cute, with a small cat motif which is prominent in a lot of their cosmetics. I do apologize for the slightly grubby packaging.


It comes in a squeezy tube which i quite like because it means you can cut it in half to get the leftover product out. Although you can waste product if you're not careful when you squeeze it.

When i first tried out this product i actually didn't like it. But after figuring out the best way to apply it; i do this by buffing it into my skin. I now really enjoy using it, i brought the "clearing" one which is designed for oily/ spot prone skin. I don't know whether or not it has any spot fighting benefits because i can't read the writing on the tube. Anyway, back to the product, it gives great coverage, the finish is slightly dewy but it does lean more towards a satin finish. If i'm wearing this to sixth form then i do set it with a powder to make it last most of the day but if i'm lounging around the house i wont bother. 
The only downside to this product is the shade range, like most BB creams the shades that are offered are very limited ranging from 3-4. But this brand only has one that i know of. It is slightly too yellow for my skin tone because mine is neutral and it is a shade too dark but when it's buffed in and powdered it's not noticeable. I think this will suit me more in the summer months. 

  
 I do apologize for my dry, slightly red hand but it's in the process of recovering from the awful British weather.

I will still use this until it runs out but i think i'm going to repurchase the trusty Baviphat BB cream next time. I purchased this from Ebay for around £5 with free P+P. 

Have you tried this yet?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png