NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder Review

Friday 17 May 2013

Hello everyone! I have another review for you today. I recently ran out of my favourite face powder which is the Collection Pressed Powder in ivory- Review Here. I made a quick trip into my local Boots but they didn't have it, so i then went to Superdrug who also didn't have it. I needed a powder as it's essential for keeping my oily skin at bay, i noticed the NYC pressed powder and i like their loose powder so i thought i'd try out the pressed form. 



I picked up the translucent one because although it doesn't look translucent, it has a neutral tone  , which suits my skin. It comes with a sponge applicator but i threw it away because i use my own powder puff to apply it which helps my makeup stay put.
I really enjoy using this powder, it's very fine and doesn't settle into my pores. It lasts for a good 4-5 hours before i need to re-apply. It doesn't disturb the colour of my foundation and does a great job of mattifying my oily skin. 
The packaging looks and feels very cheap but for £1.99 you get what you pay for. I haven't had any incidents with it smashing yet though (touch wood). 
I think this powder will be great as a substitute for when i can't get hold of the Collection powder.
You can purchase this from Superdrug.

Have you tried this product?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Have you tried the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder? Which do you like better?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) I actually have a blog post sharing my thoughts on the rimmel stay matte powder, check it out if you want :)
      http://faeriesandfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/rimmel-stay-matte-powder-is-it-worth.html
      I actually prefer the NYC powder to be honest :)

      Delete

 photo blanklogofull.png