Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Is it worth the hype?

Thursday 18 July 2013

Hello everyone! I hope you've been having a great summer, the weather has been amazing here in the UK. As you may be able to tell i'm a massive fan of face powders, i use them everyday to stop my oily skin going out of control and to keep my makeup in place. Also you all probably know that my favourite face powder is the Collection pressed powder- Review Here. Recently i ran out of it and made a quick stop at Boots to pick up some more. However, it was out of stock and i needed a replacement powder fast, so picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which is favoured by many across the beauty community. Sadly, the same cannot be said for me.





I have tried this powder before and didn't like it but the hype surrounding it when i first tried it made me think maybe i've got a "faulty" one or maybe it's just my skin. But after trying it again i can safely say this powder just doesn't work for me. 
Firstly, the shade transparent is not transparent on my skin, whether i use a brush or a powder puff it still comes out about two shades darker on my skin. Also after about an hour it oxidizes on my skin turning it even darker. I've never had a powder oxidize on my skin before so that's definately put me off. 
It doesn't last very long on my skin either, it lasts around 4 hours then starts to clump in patches on my face, especially around my nose and adding more powder just makes my face look cakey.
For £3.99 i'd rather buy two of the Collection powders and get a better deal with my money. 
I had high expectations for this product due to the sheer hype and buzz surrounding it but for me it just didn't meet my standards. I probably wont repurchase this again and just stick to the products i trust.

What are your thoughts on the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png