Collection Big Fake Curves Mascara Review

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well. I've noticed recently that voluminous and full lashes are back in for autumn and winter, so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon with Collection's new offering in the form of the Big Fake Curves mascara.







 In all honesty I purchased this on a whim. I needed a new mascara and I just grabbed this because it was cheap and the wand intrigued me.
As you can see the wand is plastic and consists of two spheres with spikey bristles. The wand is massive (much like the Rimmel Scandal Eyes ones). It's so big that it ends up getting slightly stuck in the top of the tube which causes me to flick mascara everywhere, it's so annoying!
The packaging is nice and simple in a slim black tube with pink and white writing. There's not really anything else to write home about, you get what you pay for.
The mascara itself was very wet when I first used it and did smudge because the huge wand was making application tricky. It did give a nice curl to my lashes and a decent amount of volume but I found by the second coat my eyelashes were starting to get clumpy and I know this sounds weird but it made my eyelashes feel heavy and weighed down which made it uncomfortable to wear for long periods. It doesn't really add much length but it does define the lashes. 
The lasting power of this mascara isn't amazing either, after about 3 hours it would be smudged on my brow bone and would start to flake off. Even though the lasting power is bad, taking it off is also a challenge, even with my oil-based cleanser it doesn't come off completely and i have to rub my eyes a lot to get it off, which is not good for them. 
Also this mascara has dried up already and I've only had it for 3 weeks! Not impressed and the drier it gets the worse it is. 
Overall, I wasn't very pleased with this mascara, the first application was nice but it pretty much went downhill after that. I wont be repurchasing it again even if it was only £4.99 .

Have you tried the Big Fake Curves mascara yet?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png