The Reading Corner: No Place like Home

Sunday 17 February 2013

Hello everyone! I've finally finished the first book of this series that i will review for you. The book is called No Place like Home it is an autobiography written by Pen Farthing who, while serving in Afghanistan brings home two stray dogs Nowzad and Tali after his tour. Throughout the book you follow Pen and his wife Lisa's trials and efforts as they introduce these dogs to a western way of life. You also follow them through their process of running their own charity Nowzad Dogs which helps to rescue and re-home stray dogs in Afghanistan.


I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! I'm a big lover of dogs and have always had them throughout my life even to this day (she's a staffordshire bull terrier) and found this book very touching.
It has moments that make you laugh, especially through the dogs training processes. But also makes you feel sad as well, it opened my eyes to the poverty and suffering that actually goes on ; from the removal of the dogs ears and tails to even killing them. You find out so much more than what is/has been portrayed in the news. This book sends such a positive message of determination, compassion and persistence.
I definitely want to read the prequel to this book; One Day at a Time. If you're a dog lover like me, i highly recommend this book.
Have you read this book yet?
I hope you enjoyed this post
Thankyou!
xx

2 comments:

 photo blanklogofull.png