The Reading Corner: The Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia

Friday 21 June 2013

Hello everyone! I've finally finished sixth form and have broken up for the summer!  Anyway on to the post. If anyone knows me they will know that i'm a huge Zelda fan and have been ever since i played The Ocarina of Time (it's my favourite video game of all time). A couple of days ago my boyfriend surprised me with this book. He'd been hinting for a while about something he'd found that he knew i would like and oh boy doesn't he know me well (he's the best). 












(These are pictures i have taken from the book itself with my camera)

Words cannot describe how happy i was when i received this, I've been after it for months but never had the money to buy it, but my sweet boyfriend surprised me with it instead. The gaming nerd inside me gets really excited when i read through this book, i'm definately going to buy a nintendo 64 in the very near future because i miss playing the games and they hold a lot of happy memories from playing them as a child.
This book shows all the hard work and dedication a team of artists, animators, producers, creators etc put in to create what i personally believe to be one of the greatest adventure game series ever made. Although i wasn't much of a fan of the Windwaker game. Most of the book consists of the concept art and annotations that were the basis for the games and how they were created and the inspiration for all the games. Also there's a short, but very well drawn and written comic at the end of the book.
There isn't really much else i can say about this book because you really have to be a fan of the Zelda game series to appreciate this book and the content within it. 
If you are a fan of the Zelda game series then you'll definately love this book and i highly recommend picking it up for yourself.

What's your favourite Zelda game?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png