Summer Favourites

Sunday 4 August 2013

Hello everyone! Although summer isn't over, it feels like it's finally ended in the UK with the persistent downpours and thunder storms. So i thought I'd give you a round up of the products I've enjoyed using over the past few months.




Top Row: L'Oreal Ever Pure Shampoo and Conditioner/ Soap and Glory Mist You Madly (Old Packaging)/ Davidoff Cool Water Wave perfume
Middle Row: Bourjois So Glossy nail polish- 04 Amande defile/ Barry M Confetti Nail Effects- Sour Apple/ Rimmel X Kate Moss Salon Pro nail polish- 705 Reggae Splash/ Rimmel Salon Pro nail polish- 247 Isn't She Precious?
Bottom Row: Dainty Doll lipstick- 002 Saucy Sailor/ Fearne Cotton eyeshadow palette/ Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream- Fairy Cake

Hair Care


During the summer i like to keep my hair as moisturised as possible because being out in the sun can dry out your hair. I have a full review of both these products- Link Here if you would like to know my full thoughts. Overall i like how this products make my hair feel and they have kept my hair in great condition since using them.

Fragrance



During the summer months i like to wear fragrances that are light and fresh smelling and these two have been stand out favourites in my perfume collection.
My mom actually gave me the Soap and Glory body mist a few months ago because she said she found the scent to sickly for her and i wasn't about to pass up a free fragrance so i happily agreed to have it and it didn't disappoint. It's fruity and sweet smelling which is my favourite kind of fragrance to wear all year round but i found it to be perfect for summer because it's not to overpowering. 
Funnily enough my mom also gave me the Davidoff pefume aswell (she's so generous) I've found this to be the perfect daytime perfume for me. It is fresh smelling, not to sickly or sweet. It has a slight citrus smell which i like and it lasts pretty well on my skin. I'd highly recommend going and smelling it for yourself.

Nails


Reggae Splash/ Isn't She Precious?/ Amande Defile/ Sour Apple
 
 
I wore the bourjois polish and Barry M nail effects as a combo for most of the summer. I'm a big fan of green nail polish anyway (mainly because green is my favourite colour) but i thought this combination was so fun for summer that i wore it for a good month and a half! The lasting power of the bourjois nail polish wasn't great but with the glitter top coat the chips were hardly noticeable. The Barry M polish consists of thin strands of green and yellow fibres, it applied really well and lasted a good couple of weeks before i needed to patch my nails up.
I haven't been wearing the Rimmel nail polsihes long but from first impressions i knew they were going to be favourites of mine for a long time. I already have a post up about the pink nail polish- Link Here . The lasting power of these polishes are fantastic and the shades are perfect for summer, especially if you have a tan. I will have a post up soon about the orange shade, so keep an eye out for that! I can't wait to buy more shades from this range.

Eyes



 

I received this palette in a gift set for christmas and never thought much of it because I'm not very adventurous with my eyeshadow choices but one day i was swatching the eye shadows and the highlighting shade caught my eye straight away. I've been using it in my everyday makeup routine as an inner corner and brow highlight. The quality of the shadow is great, it blends in well, it's very pigmented without any fall out. It's an iridescent cream shade with a gold  shimmer running through it with a slight green tint to it which isn't  noticeable when blended in.

Lips



I haven't gone crazy with lip products for the summer because I've been keeping my makeup fairly light and minimal. But on those days where I've wanted to add some colour these have been my most reached for lip products. 
The Dainty Doll lipstick has been my go to red lipstick for the summer, it's a blue-toned red with a glossy finish. The quality of this lipstick is amazing! It's highly pigmented, it glides on smoothly and lasts a good 4 hours until i have to reapply. I definitely want to try more Dainty Doll lipsticks. 

I've had the Collection Cream Puff lip cream in my makeup collection since everyone went crazy for them a while ago. But when i first tried it, I wasn't a fan at all, i thought the colour didn't suit me, it was way too bright. However since I've had a bit of a tan and I've changed the way i apply this product, I've been converted. This is a perfect everyday shade to add a bit of colour to my complexion without being in your face. I like to wear it as a sheer wash of colour on my lips. It's matte without being drying, it smells delicious (kinda reminds me of doughnuts or cookies) and it lasts a really long time. I want to pick up the pink shade in this range.

 What are your summer favourites?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png