The Reading Corner- The Bone Season

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Hello everyone! I've been dying to share this book with you since I got back from my holiday because I think this is my favourite book of the year so far! 










I know that's a bold statement to make considering 2014 isn't over yet. But this book is amazing! I'm so sad I've finished it! 
Forget The Fault In Our Stars or Gone Girl it's all about The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon.
I can't believe how quickly I read it, I was finished in 2 weeks but admittedly I did ration my reading time because I didn't want to finish it, I would pick it up and say to myself that I'd only read a couple of chapters and then 2 chapters turns into 6!
The Bone Season is about a Clairvoyant named Paige Mahoney she works for a secret group in the criminal underworld of Scion London, the year is 2059 and clairvoyants are deemed unnatural, Paige is committing treason just by breathing. But her unnaturalness becomes her only means of survival when she ends up in Sheol I, where she must pass a series of tests and try and get back to London. 
I love this book! The story is fantastic, it's gripping, fast-paced and addictive to read. Samantha Shannon gives the distopian novels a refreshing twist by combining fantasy and a thrilling element. 
Paige is a clever, witty and courageous character, she's like Katniss Everdeen but better because she's a dream walker (such a cool name). 
I think I have such a love for this book because I'm a very spiritual person with strong beliefs in clairvoyants, spirits, life after death etc. Not to mention the emotional investment I have for two characters, I ship their relationship (if you've read the book you'll know who I'm talking about)! 
The only bad thing about this book is that I've got to wait till January for the second one! Why Samantha Shannon? Why? Nevertheless, I can't wait!
If you like fantasy or distopian style books you will love this one!

What book have you read recently!
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png