The Reading Corner- The Husband's Secret

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's the 1st October already! This year is flying by! I've recently finished The Husband's Secret, I can finally tick it off my reading list.






I heard about this book after reading Gone Girl and a lot of people were saying it was similar and a must-read.
The Husband's Secret is about a woman named Cecilia Fitzpatrick who's a mother of three and a devoted wife, she discovers an envelope written by her husband which says "to be opened only in the event of my death". Curiosity gets the better of Cecilia and she opens it. The letter confesses a terrible secret that could wreck their family's lives and the lives of those around them.
Of course I'm not going to tell you the secret, you'll have to find that out for your self ( I know I'm mean). The story is told from the point of view of three women (Cecilia, Tess and Rachael) who which are all interlinked throughout the novel, living in a small town in Australia. 
I had high expectations for this book, especially after the hype of Gone Girl. In honesty however, this book didn't blow me away. Don't get me wrong it does have enough suspense to keep you reading but it just wasn't gripping enough for me. 
I liked the pace of the book, it was quick and easy to follow, you never felt lost between characters while reading it. 
But it was all a bit predictable, that might be because I've read so many thrillers now that they all seem and a bit samey (is samey a word?). 
If you want an easy way to get into a thriller book this is one to try because it's not too overwhelming. 

Have you read this book yet?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png