Travel Essentials - Hair Care

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Hello everyone! This is the second installment of my travel essentials series and we're moving onto hair care.


 Tresemme Colour Vibrance Shampoo

 Charles Worthington Colour Enhancer Conditioner

 Charles Worthington Colour Protection Spray

 Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo

 Tresemme Hair Spray

 Trevor Sorbie Colour Enhance Oil

 Shaun The Sheep Tangle Teezer

 Denman Teasing Brush

 Toni and Guy Sea Salt Spray (will be decanted)

As with my skincare, my hair care routine is also kept pretty simple. I don't really do much with my hair on holiday. I tend to just throw it up into a bun or make a fish-tail braid to keep it off my face. There's nothing worse than being smothered by your hair in a hot country!
 As you can see I went on another travel-sized products frenzy, but these products will last me the week, there's nothing a dread more than over-packing!
When it comes to shampoo and conditioner I'm not too fussy as long as they protect coloured hair, I chose these from Tresemme and Charles Worthington. They don't match but they were the only ones left in the Boots in my town. 
 When I was looking at all the travel products I found this 2 in 1 product from Charles Worthington which is a protection spray for your hair to shield it from the sun and sea and it has built in heat defence spray, this little gem saves me bringing more products.
My hair gets so dry on holiday because of the heat, chlorine and sea water so I'm bringing a long a leave in treatment. I picked up this one from Trevor Sorbie mainly because it had a pump which allows more control when your using a hair oil. It also helps to seal in hair colour. Can you see a trend forming? It's all about colour maintenance for me, especially because it's bright red. 
I'm also going to decant some of my sea salt spray into a smaller bottle to create effortless beachy waves. My hair naturally curly, so this will help to enhance that. But if you are not blessed with curly hair then I have a quick tip for you; plait your hair before you go to bed it doesn't matter if it's damp or dry (it usually holds longer in damp hair), spray some sea salt spray lightly into your hair before and after you plait it, leave it overnight and when you take it out in the morning you'll have lovely, tousled beach waves. 
Of course I can't forget dry shampoo to keep my hair looking fresh and clean and hair spray to keep my hair style in place. 
Finally I'll be throwing in some spare hair ties and hair pins, just in case I lose any on the trip. 
We're at the halfway point in my travel essentials series. Only two more to go! 

What is your holiday haircare routine?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png