The Reading Corner- The Hangman's Song

Sunday 3 August 2014

Hello everyone! Another book has been read, so you know what that means. It's time for me to share my thoughts and feelings.







I've finally managed to tick The Hangman's Song off my reading list. This novel is the third book in the Inspector Mclean series. I've already read the Book Of Souls ( post here ) but I'm yet to read the first novel " Natural Causes". 
This story follows on from the Book Of Souls in which Inspector Mclean is waiting for his current girlfriend Emma to wake up from a coma after a horrific attack. When she finally wakes up she is not her normal self and Mclean takes it upon himself to care for her. But that's not the only thing he has to deal with, shortly after a series of hangings/suicides occur. Is it just a suicide pact or is there more sinister intent?
It took me a while to get into this book, mainly because I was re-jogging my memory of the last book. But once I'd caught up, I was back in my element. 
As with the last book, the writing style is gripping, thrilling and makes you want to read on and on. 
Mclean is a fantastic character, who James Oswald portrays so well. I think Mclean is such a trooper considering all the trauma he has faced in his life, he still carries on. Ever the optimist or he focuses so much on his work to forget his past?
Although the killer/murder is different in this novel the intent is still the same, which is being controlled by a malevolent force, which I'm still yet to find out what that force is, maybe it will be revealed in the new novel "Dead Men's Bones". Either way I can't wait to read it.
If you are a fan of detective novels, check out the Inspector Mclean series.

What are your current book recommendations? 
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png