The Reading Corner: Confessions of a GP

Saturday 30 November 2013

Hello everyone! I'm sorry this post is late but I've been very busy with assignments and exams at university. I have a few hours spare so I thought I'd get this post up for all of you. 
Yet again I have finished another book, I'm really living up to my bookworm reputation lately. I've recently just finished Confessions of a GP which I thought I'd read while I was waiting for another book which is part of a series to arrive. 









I really like the front cover of this book, the art work is colourful, fun and quirky. 
This book has been deemed The Number One Bestseller and has sold over 250,000 copies. I can see why as well, this book is lighthearted, incredibly funny and a real page turner. 
Throughout the book you'll get to hear about Dr. Daniels many unusual patients with their strange requests. A few of my favourites are Miss Tibbs who has an unhealthy obsession with Tom Jones, Kirsty the transvestite and reading some of the notes that actual medical students have written in the past. But you don't just get to read the funny side of being a GP but also some of the few tougher and sad patients that are also dealt with. 
I could read this book over and over again because I enjoyed it so much. I'm definately going to be reading more books from the confessions series, the next one I want to read is Confessions of a Police Constable.
I don't think I'll be able to look at my Doctor in the same way again now that I've read this book.

Have you read any books from the Confessions series?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png