The Reading Corner: The Bone Bed

Friday 27 June 2014

Hello everyone! I finished this book a while ago and was humming and awwing about whether or not I should share my thoughts. Yet, here we are so I'd better get on with it.









I was given this book by my mom after she'd read it. It was being advertised as a gripping thriller and one the best crime novels ever. I have to completely disagree with these claims.
The Bone Bed is about a Chief Medical Examiner called Kay Scarpetta who receives an inbox featuring a gruesome photo of a severed ear. Kay must find the sender of the email and also deal with more murders coming her way, but are they linked?
Don't get me wrong the story line sounds great but the execution of it ruined it for me.
The writing was so long-winded and it waffled on too much about Kay's career rather than the murder investigation. I know crime thrillers aren't always about the killer but I just didn't find Kay's character interesting. Even when the crime was solved the ending was very anti-climactic. 
It took me so long to finish this book and I didn't look forward to reading it at all.
I don't think I will read another book from the Kay Scarpetta series, especially if they're as long winded as this one. 
Also if you've read this book and enjoyed it, please don't take my opinion to heart, these are just my thoughts.

Have you read The Bone Bed yet?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png