Maybelline 24HR Colour Tattoo: Permanent Taupe Review

Sunday 15 September 2013

Hello everyone! Well I'm definately late on the bandwagon with this one, so late in fact the wagon decide to roll down the hill and leave without me! The maybelline 24hr colour tattoos had so much hype surrounding them a year or two ago that I actually got put off trying them out. I'm always skeptical around hyped up products because I have such high expectations and when the product doesn't live up to them I'm left feeling disappointed and out of pocket, I'm looking at you Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Review Here). However, these really do deserve the hype.











I picked this up when I was shopping for a new foundation (review coming soon) and Boots were having a 3 for 2 offer so picked this along with a foundation and nail polish. I was undecided between the colour pink gold or this one. But I chose permanent taupe because I noticed someone decided to be gross and swatch a brand new pink gold rather than use the tester. I think this colour will be great for autumn and winter makeup though. 
I've been wearing this colour everyday by placing it all over the eyelid and blending it out through the crease to create a suitable smoked out look. Without a primer this lasts about 5 hours on my eyes, so I do have to wear a primer underneath to make it last. 
It blends out easily and has a nice smooth consistency.  
The packaging is simple, sleek and sturdy. I like the glass jar it comes in, mainly because the sound of opening and closing the jar is so satisfying to hear ( you know it's a great sound). It also means it wont break and spill out all over my makeup. 
I highly recommend trying these out if you haven't already.
They can be purchased from Boots or Superdrug for £4.99.

What's your favourite colour tattoo?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this shade! Id love to see you do a look with this/tips on how to wear it x
    Erin from Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great suggestion for a future post :)
      xx

      Delete

 photo blanklogofull.png