The Reading Corner: Gone Girl

Sunday 20 April 2014

Hello everyone! Happy Easter! I hope you're having a great day and don't get too sick from eating loads of chocolate. I can't believe I've finally got round to reading this book and now that I've finished it I'm sad, I really wanted the story to keep going. If you've read the book yourself you'll know why.






It took me a while to get round to reading this because firstly my mom was reading it and she was dragging out that process because she didn't want the book to end either and I had lots of other books lined up to read as well. However, I finally managed to get my hands on it and it did not disappoint! 
I can't even put into words how good this book is, it's about Amy Dunne who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary and the fingers are all pointing towards her husband Nick, with so many clues leading to him being the culprit, it's a test for the reader to figure out who did it. 
My hunch while reading it was right on the money. I won't give you my theory because it will just be one huge spoiler! 
The writing of this book is phenomenal, Gillian Flynn knows how to write a serious and gripping thriller. It's a completely faultless and flawless book. I really didn't want it to end when I got to the last page I was gutted, not by the ending but knowing that it was finished (i hope she writes a sequel). I urge you all to read it at least once, you won't regret it!
I honestly can't praise this book enough and I can't wait to read her other books 'Dark Places' and 'Sharp Objects'. 

Have you read Gone Girl yet?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png