The Reading Corner: Ash

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Hello everyone! It's that time again to share my thoughts on a book I've recently finished. I can't believe how many books I've got through this year and it's only April.







I honestly thought this book would have taken me a lot longer than it did to read. But the writing is so gripping you just want to keep reading. 
James Herbert is a very well known thriller and horror writer/author and Ash was his final book before he passed away in March last year. I haven't read any of his previous books but after reading this one I definately want to read them. 
This novel is about a parapsychologist named David Ash who is investigating a secret castle in Comraich. After hearing the horror stories from residents and employees at the castle Ash is completely unprepared to deal with the problem lurking in the castle and it isn't just the spirits who are evil but the guests too. 
This has got to be one of my favourite books, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! The chapters are pretty long in this book, so if you want an easy read you've come to the wrong place. There is a lot going on, with a whole load of characters involved but I found it  fairly easy to keep up with. 
I want to tell you everything that has happened in the book but I can't! I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I suggest checking it out for yourself if you enjoy horror/thriller books.

Do you have any reading recommendations?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx

2 comments:

  1. I had only read one other James Herbert book before I read Ash... but now I have loads of his books on my to read list.

    I didn't realise though before I read it that it is part of a series... and it isn't the first book!

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first book of his that i read, now i wan to read more! Me too! I'm going to have to buy them all!
      xx

      Delete

 photo blanklogofull.png