The Light Weight Base

Friday 14 February 2014

Hello everyone! I've recently changed up my foundation routine. I've been opting for lighter and moisturising base because my skin has been very dehydrated at the moment. I decided to opt for a bb cream which will give me an even skin tone but also provides moisture. After reading many reviews I decided to buy the Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream.



















My skin has been a mess lately with constant breakouts (i think it's because of a face oil I'm using) so I wanted a base that could provide some coverage but doesn't feel heavy on my skin or clog my pores and cause more breakouts.
I love Asian bb creams because of the coverage they provide. However the shade range is usually limited to only one colour and the Dr Jart bb cream is no exception. When I swatched it I thought there is no way this is going to match my pale skin. But once it's blended in it is slightly too dark but it's hardly noticeable. It evens out my skin tone and covers redness but if you have any blemishes you will probably need concealer. It's also oil-free which is great for us oily-skinned girls and an spf of 25 which is a bonus as it saves you adding sunscreen to your makeup routine.
The finish is very dewy but I always set my makeup with powder anyway so this didn't bother me. It lasted around 6-7 hours on my skin before it started to fade which is pretty good for my oily skin.
If you are looking for a lighter coverage base and you have oily skin I'd highly recommend trying this out. However if you have dark skin you'll probably struggle to get this product to work for you.
You can purchase it from Boots for £18 (it's currently on offer for £12).




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png